100 MILE WILDERNESS
- Personalized Service. Planning and logistics.
- Registered Maine Guide
- Private grounds. By Reservation Only.
- Hot showers; the best on the Trail!
- Kitchen facilities, BBQ grill and hiker lounge
- Emergency services
- Hiker box
- Located “trailside”; just a short 2 minute walk from the Appalachian Trail at mile 117.8
- Free use of bicycles for guests wanting to go into Monson
- Worry-free and no hassle packages designed specifically for long distance hikers.
- Safe, reliable and fully insured shuttle services throughout the State
- Clean, quiet, affordable and comfortable accommodations in my hiker cabins and twin bunkhouses.
- Private and secluded tent sites
- “Slackpack” options from the Kennebec River (Caratunk) to Gulf Hagas. Free loaner daypacks for guests.
- Free, long term parking for guests.
- Resupply options in the 100 Mile Wilderness at the KIW road (Gulf Hagas) and Jo-Mary logging road. Locked, bear-proof boxes
- Mail drops. Guests only.
- Extensive reading library and detailed maps available in my relaxing hiker lounge and kitchen cabin.
- White gas, alcohol and canister fuel available
- Shuttles from the Rangeley to Baxter State Park and all points in between including direct pickup/dropoff in Bangor area.
MAPS and GUIDEBOOK
The official Map and Guidebook series for the entire Appalachian Trail in Maine, as well as the needed Guide/Maps for the 100 Mile Wilderness and Baxter State Park are published by the Maine Appalachian Trail Club. If you are planning to hike just the 100 Mile Wilderness, then all you need are Guide/Maps 1, 2 & 3 sold below. If you are planning to hike the entire Appalachian Trail in Maine, then order the entire Guidebook, which includes all 7 Guide/Maps, including the 3 for the 100 Mile Wilderness.
The Guide/Maps are printed on waterproof and tear resistant “paper”. One side features topographic and profile maps of the particular section and the reverse side contains detailed trail descriptions, water sources, shelter sites, road access, etc. See sample below:
The Official Guidebook for the Appalachian Trail in Maine……….$30.00; add $5.00 for S&H
Map #1 Katahdin to South End of Nahmakanta Lake (Baxter Park, Abol Bridge)………………………………..$8.00
Map #2 Nahmakanta Lake to West Branch of the Pleasant River (Jo-Mary, White Cap Gulf Hagas)……..$8.00
Map #3 West Branch of the Pleasant River to Monson (Barren-Chairback and Wilson Valley)…………….. $8.00
Order all 3 Guide/Maps and only pay $1.00 for S&H
100 MILE WILDERNESS SPECIAL @ $125
I have been offering the 100 Mile Wilderness Special for many years. It is an all inclusive package that services the needs of the Southbound (SOBO), long distance Appalachian Trail hiker. Price includes direct pickup in Bangor with overnight accommodations in Monson and 7am drop off at Katahdin Stream campground in Baxter State Park the next morning. Southbound (SOBO) hikers can leave their “bounce-box” and next section resupply needs with me while enjoying the long walk back to Monson from Katahdin. Discount pricing for two or more. May and June only.
100 MILE WILDERNESS RESUPPLY (GUESTS ONLY) @ $25
It takes most hikers 8-10 days to hike through Maine’s 100 Mile Wilderness. By utilizing my mid-wilderness resupply option, my guests are able to lighten their packs by dividing their supply needs into 2 manageable 4-5 day loads. Begin your hike with the first half of your needs and pick up the second half at the Jo-Mary logging road. Safe and secure bear proof container with lock. I will also pack out your trash and can provide assistance as needed.
Emergency Services–Call me anytime at 207-991-7030 (cell)
100 Mile Wilderness Adventures and Outfitters travels throughout the 100 Mile Wilderness on a regular basis between May 15 and October 15. Injured hikers or hikers wishing to leave the Wilderness early can make arrangements for shuttles to Bangor, Monson or Millinocket. Please note: Cell phone transmission is poor to non-existent in the 100 Mile Wilderness and may be limited to the higher peaks in the area. If you need to reach me, please text. I want you to enjoy your hike and to have a safe trip..
I can assist you with your travel needs. I provide shuttle service between Rangeley and Baxter State Park and all points in between. Those guests driving to my Monson location can leave their vehicle with me for safe keeping while they enjoy their hike. I know how expensive it is to section hike the Appalachian Trail. My shuttles include pricing so that two ride for the same price as one. I also offer special pricing for larger parties. Shuttles and overnight accommodations packages are priced according to your needs. Guests utilizing bus service or flying into Bangor can arrange for direct pickup and drop off according to your needs. I am familiar with the vast network of logging roads that crisscross the region and can get you to your destination as well as provide information on camping options in the area. Contact me for pricing and availability.